Badges

Frequently Auto-Approved

Professional Reader

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, May 5, 2008

My Enemy The Queen By Victoria Holt {Historical novel Challenge book 1}




My Enemy The Queen is a story told from the view of Lettice Knolly's Queen Elizabeth's cousin.They both fall In love with Robert Dudley but only one can be his wife and one his lifelong mistress. Both women compete for the affection of this man who charmed the Queen but defied her by marrying her cousin. When the Earl of Leicester passes on Lettice's son becomes the Queen's favorite until he is led to the scaffold for betraying the Queen. This is my first Victoria Holt novel it took me some time to really get in to the story. But towards the end of the book I was hooked on it and wanted to find out what happend to Lettice after every one she loved has gone on before her. A interesting book to start with if you like the Elizabethan years.

0 comments: