Badges

Frequently Auto-Approved

Professional Reader

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl, Book better than the film


As much as I was looking forward to this film I was really disapointed in how it turned out. The whole film felt like it was being rushed to cash in on the TUDOR craze started by showtime. Natalie Portman 's Anne did not thrill me at all. she seemed to me a little too inmature to be playing such a strong woman in history. She had none of the fire that N. Dormer had in her role of Anne. The costumes were really dull and boring. I really had high hopes for this film. The book is so much better ,it is a shame that this movie turned out the way it did. I must note that I am a Philippa Gregory fan and I have read all her books with in her Tudor series. I am sadden that I did not enjoy the film that was based on one of my favorite books.

0 comments: