Badges

Frequently Auto-Approved

Professional Reader

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, March 8, 2010

Forever Amber Movie Review










Last Friday I recieved a copy of the film Forever Amber which I was hoping would be a treat to see since the book was fantastic. Right from the beginning the film started to go down hill.The really good scenes of the book were completly left out like the scene where Amber tells Bruce she is carrying his child and he insists on leaving her behind in london. If you didn't read the book you wouldn't even know that Amber was supposed to be pregnant. I am embarrassed to say I fell asleep during the film and woke up at the part where The Earl Radcliffe is toss out the window. The costumes were awesome and Linda Darnell was great as Amber but for some reason my vision of Amber was more of a Joan Collin's character.Read the book Forget the movie is my only advice for this one.




Rating: D

1 comments:

Marg said...

I remember seeing at least some parts of this movie years before I read the book. Whilst I didn't remember much about the movie, it did register enough for me to be excited at the prospect of reading the book when I found it!