Badges

Frequently Auto-Approved

Professional Reader

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Your Majesty!













Queen Elizabeth II is 84 today Her long reign has seen many changes in her family and in the world. I first took notice of her when her famous Daughter in law ( Diana)took the world stage in 1981. I was only like 10 or so but I was taken with the pagentary and the interworkings of the royal family. Although my main interest was following Diana's work and fashion sense I also was watching her majesty and learning about her over the years has been a joy. After her former daughter in law's death she took a bad rap for not caring enough etc, I have always felt she did care she is just from a different time and wanted her family to grieve in peace. Since Diana's death Her majesty has carried on and shown the world what an awesome queen she is and what a wonderful lady she is. Happy 84th Birthday Your Majesty and I hope you have many more to come.


In honor of her birthday I thought I would post some books on the Queen That I have on my bookshelf, some of you may want to add to thier TBR list. This is a Hilarious fiction book on the Family and the Queen I read it years ago and it is one of my favorites its one of those laugh out loud books. It focus's on the Royal's lives after they have been forced to move out in to the real world and in to apartments with out thier every day luxuries. Diana ends up shoping at Charity shops and the Queen is taking the bus to the grocery store, lots of funny stuff.


A look at The Queen and her Daughter in law Diana and how thier relationship and similarities affected he monarchy I found this book very fascinating it amazed me how similar these two women were. This book shows you how much Diana respected the Queen.



I have yet to read this book but it's on my list to be read. I hope to get to it this year. I am sure most of you have already read this one as it has been around for ages.

0 comments: