Badges

Frequently Auto-Approved

Professional Reader

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, October 17, 2011

Multiple Reviews Movie and Tv Shows

The last couple of weeks I have  been doing some serious Dvd watching as well catching the latest installment in the Love Saga series. So I thought I would  post about some of the wonderful shows I have been watching.  Starting with October's movie of the month: Love's Everlasting Courage.



  The movie I chose for this month was   Love's Everlasting Courage  starring Cheryl Ladd. Although this film was not based on a particular book in the series it was nice to see  more of the  background of Clark  and his daughter Missy. Film Summary: Clark Davis (Wes Brown) struggles to maintain his land and support his family during a long drought. With a bank loan to repay, his wife, Ellen (Julie Mond), takes a job in town as a seamstress, but soon becomes ill with scarlet fever. Devastated to lose his beloved wife, Clark and his young daughter Missie (Morgan Lily) turn to his parents Irene (Cheryl Ladd) and Lloyd (Bruce Boxleitner) for support. Clark must find a way to save his farm and survive Ellen's death without losing the person he loves most: his daughter.
I have always felt this series was sort of like Little House  but aimed towards the adults.  The story had and enduring feel to it I enjoyed the interactions between Cheryl as the grandmother to Missy it just seemed like she was born to play the part and brought her all to the character.
Rating:




From The Love Saga   I went to  Colorado Springs
to Visit it town Doctor  The lady Doctor that is Dr Michaela Quinn


   I used to watch this series when it was on in the 90's on Saturday nights it was and delightful series and Jane Seymour was just fabulous as the town  strong willed  Dr Quinn.
We had everything in this series  Romance, Action , Animals,  Fascinating Story lines Guest Stars.
I recently purchased the entire series of the show and it took me exactly 2 weeks to get through all the episodes and 2 movies. in a way it was sort of like watching a very long movie I could not stop watching it.  Joe Lando as Byron Sully was delicious.    And who forget William Shockley as Trouble maker Hank  he was a character you loved to hate  but just sexy enough to love once you got to know him. Jane  as Micheala was the anchor  to  this series she held the town together during crisis as well earning their respect . CBS  cancelled the series after six seasons and  received  some backlash from the shows fan base who begged them to bring the series back instead they gave us  two crappy films that only left us wanting more.  The last film was not even made at the paramount ranch and left alot of the town folks out of the film.
Rating:





From Colorado Springs I go to England  to The  Palace
Think West Wing but at Buckingham Palace


I have looked everywhere for this series in US Format and when I found it  I jumped at the chance to add it to my collection.  I used to watch West wing so I was familar with the concept here   but a person who loves royal gossip this series would have been perfect for me. .  Now the royal family in the series  is fictional of course but some of the story lines that  rocked  the real Royal family are real. . Like a scandalous book be written,  An affair with a married woman, A princess  who suffers mental health issues etc. The only thing I could find wrong with it is the goofy maid Ruby who was always  trying to cash in on her job like selling toenail clippings on a auction site.  Another series that was cancelled in the UK but if they brought it here to US it may have picked up  better ratings.
Rating:


0 comments: