Badges

Frequently Auto-Approved

Professional Reader

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Book of the Year 2011

 
                    It's that time of the year again  to pick the the book of the year.
This year's I have 2  book that I wanted to give Book of the year award too
First up is  A Royal Likeness  I recieved this one from the Author  for review last year
after I picked The Queen's Dollmaker for a honorable mention.Since it was  not suppose to be out til 2011 I saved it for this years award

 Christine  really finds some interesting carrers to write about  this one is based on Madame Tussade's wax figures. and is  a sequel to The Queen's Dollmaker.  A fabulous book to read  I can not wait for the one about the  Victorian undertaker I am sure that will be a wonderful book as well.  

I loved Roses  it was pure escapism  I loved it so much I donated it to library where I volunteer it has become  a hit there as well.It really should be a movie it was that good.I have a few honorable mentions  this year as well.
 First up is
Now unless you have been under a rock you  know we had a Royal wedding this year.
Anderson is one of my favorite Royal biographers and he has written a lovely book on William and his new wife Catherine. It is a lovely tribute to the couple and to William's mother and the lessons he had learn from her life. A must read for Royal fans.
 Georgie  is one of my favorite characters to read about she is always in to some kind of trouble and I love her run in  with Wallis Simpson.
Isabel Wolf is a new author for me I downloaded this book by mistake on to my Kindle it was quite a surprise I loved reading about the vintage clothing and the histories behind them. and all the sightings in London came to life in this book  I was surprised to see that there was a scene set in the Diana Memorial Park.
Gregg Olsen  is another new author to me  Starvation heights is a true story about a woman who was convicted of murder a English Heiress and countless others. Another one of those books that really need to be made in to movie.  
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and gets lots of books under their tree this year 

0 comments: